Introduction to Good Grantmanship - 15 June 2022
- in Collaboration with The Junior Researcher Association
Info about event
Postdocs and assistant professors from all faculties at Aarhus University with little or no experience in grant writing. PhD students are also welcome to participate.
The purpose of the workshop is to give the participants a thorough introduction to the component parts of the grant proposal, how they fit together, how to ensure that each part supports the overall argument, and how to know which techniques to use when writing a proposal.
The workshop will be delivered as a combination of presentations, group work and discussions. The presentations will cover:
- What do reviewers want to see?
- What are the component parts of the proposal?
- How to compose each part of the proposal?
- Which procedures do you need to observe in the proposal phase?
In the group work, participants will discuss the drafts of the objectives and perspectives section of their individual projects and will do a mock review of a sample proposal.
Before the workshop, participants are expected to have read material sent out in advance including the ‘Advice and Tools for Your Grant Proposal’ on the RSO website - http://medarbejdere.au.dk/en/administration/researchandtalent/research-support/advice-and-tools-for-your-grant-proposal/ .
The group work will require that the participants are prepared:
- To forward a draft of the objectives and perspective section of their proposal to the course presenters (read ‘the advice and tools’ before you begin writing)
- To share their draft with the other participants
- To enter into constructive discussion of the drafts submitted by the other participants in the group
Two research advisors from the Research Support Office will teach and facilitate the workshop.
|Time:||15 June 2022, from 10.00 - 12.00|
|Venue:||Online - link will be forwarded|
|Registration:||Please register via this link by 20 May 2022|
Please forward your draft for the objectives and perspectives section (one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 June 2022.
The workshop will be conducted in English. Due to the form of the workshop, the number of participants is limited. Therefore, please do not take a place from someone else. Make sure to cancel your registration, if you are unable to attend.
We look forward to seeing you at our workshop.